The Law Firm Where the Family is our Focus
  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Parenting Plan Modification

Helping Parents Modify Parenting Schedules for Almost 25 Years

Life can change significantly from when you first establish a Parenting Schedule. The time may have come to modify your Court Order – and you will need the help of a Family Law Attorney.

Our Team at Bottimore & Associates, p.l.l.c. – the Law Firm Where the Family is Our Focus – can help you. For almost 25 years, our founding Attorney, Leslie R. Bottimore, has assisted clients throughout the Tacoma and surrounding areas in obtaining modifications to existing Parenting Orders.

How Does Washington Handle Parenting Plan Modifications?

If you and your child’s other parent agree to the suggested schedule modifications, then you can submit a Petition for Modification with the Court, and a Judge will more than likely grant it. However, if the two of you are not in agreement, then you will need to request a new Order. Courts may modify existing Parenting Schedules when the parents’ and child’s life circumstances have changed substantially. These changes may include:

  • Loss of a job;
  • Change of a job or job schedule;
  • Relocation;
  • Change in child’s medical needs;
  • Change in child’s educational needs;
  • Change in health care coverage;
  • Domestic abuse, neglect, addiction, or mental illness
  • Detrimental environment for the child

You will need to demonstrate to the Court the need and basis for a modification. Our custody and visitation Attorneys know how to present a reasonable case for a new Parenting Plan that fits your family’s needs.

Mediating and Collaborating When Possible – Litigating When Necessary

Our Team explores alternative methods of dispute resolution, including Mediation and Collaborative Law, in all plausible circumstances. In Mediation and Collaborative Law, both parties work together to find solutions rather than taking an oppositional approach through Litigation. However, Family Law Litigators also understand that the Court is sometimes necessary to issue an objective Order if another party is uncooperative. They prepare for a Contested Hearing and/or Trial – and have a long record of favorable verdicts in Courts throughout Washington to prove it.

Speak with a Parenting Plan Modification Lawyer in a Consultation

When you are interested in modifying a Child Custody and Parenting Plan Order, please contact Bottimore & Associates, p.l.l.c. – the Law Firm Where the Family is Our Focus. Our Team can get you started. To schedule a Consultation, please call us at 253-780-7622 or send us an email at [email protected].