Full-Service Family Law firm serving Pierce, King, Thurston, and Kitsap Counties
Whether you are about to marry and seek a Prenuptial Agreement or you are experiencing the frustrations of marital or other family conflict, Bottimore & Associates, P.L.L.C. can help. Leslie R. Bottimore has served families for almost 20 years. We engage in high road methods of dispute resolution such as Collaborative Law and Mediation whenever possible and appropriate and desired. We also prepare for and appear in Court – engaging in Litigation – to argue your case if necessary. We provide legal services in all areas of family law:
- Dissolutions of Marriage (Divorce) – Legal Separation
Through Interest-Based Negotiations, Collaborative Law, Mediation, or Litigation, our divorce law firm can help you gain the most equitable results from your divorce, including fair distribution of assets, division of the marital home, division of debt, child support payments, and child custody rights.
- Spousal Support
Divorce should not lead to financial crisis. Leslie R. Bottimore helps you establish an equitable amount of spousal support where the factors for Spousal Support are established.
- Child Custody and Visitation
We protect your parental rights to raise your children in an appropriate and supportive home.
- Child Support
We can help ensure that you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.
- Child Support Modification and Enforcement
Child support payments do not change unless the court modifies the child support order. If either the custodial or noncustodial parent experiences a significant change in circumstances, Leslie R. Bottimore can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify your child support payments accordingly.
- Prenuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
Bottimore & Associates, P.L.L.C. expects the unexpected. We negotiate and draft Premarital Agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress if you ever divorce.
- Step-Parent Adoption
Bottimore & Associates, P.L.L.C. helps step-parent families. We handle the legalities of your step-parent adoption, so that you can concentrate on your new family.
- Collaborative Law – Collaborative Law is a dispute resolution process in which each participant has independent legal counsel; the participants and the Collaborative Law professionals sign a Contract (Participation Agreement) that limits the scope of the representation to working toward a resolution and keeping the dispute out of Court; and the participants and the Collaborative Law professionals engage in good faith, full disclosure, and interest-based negotiations to resolve the conflict. Collaborative Law professionals include Collaboratively trained attorneys, Coaches, Child Specialists, Financial Specialists, and Neutral Experts. Benefits of Collaborative Law: client-centered, private and confidential, cost-effective, allows for self-determination, focuses on high-end goals of the participants, screens for and manages issues of coercion, control, and domestic violence, helps clients to create an outcome that serves the interests of all. Leslie R. Bottimore is trained and active in Collaborative Law and has served as Past President of the Collaborative Law Professionals of Pierce County (CLPPC) (2013-2014), as Vice President of King County Collaborative Law (KCCL) (2017-2018), as Member of Education and Conference Committees of the Collaborative Professionals of Washington (CPW), and as Ambassador to the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP). Collaborative Law is a Voluntary Process.
- Mediation – Mediation puts the decisions in your hands, and it can often provide more expedient, more predictable results than a Trial can produce. Leslie R. Bottimore is a skilled negotiator who can help you obtain the most equitable divorce settlement. Leslie R. Bottimore is familiar with various types of Mediation, including Evaluative, Facilitative, Interest-Based, Hybrid, with shuttle diplomacy from room to room, and in the same room with facilitation. Though many Local Superior Court Rules require some form of Alternative Dispute Resolution – like Mediation or a Settlement Conference – before Trial – Mediation is a Voluntary Process.
- Litigation – For various reasons – some matters cannot be resolved without Court Intervention (or Litigation). Some clients (or their opposing parties) require a third party arbiter like a Judge or Court Commissioner. Leslie R. Bottimore has appeared for years before Pierce, King, Thurston, and Kitsap County Superior Courts. Leslie R. Bottimore views the Court and its Judicial Officers as having a valuable role in matters in which participants (Litigants) are unable to come to a resolution outside of Court. Leslie R. Bottimore has served as a Pro Tem Judge and Pro Tem Court Commissioner for the Pierce County Superior Court since 2016. At Bottimore & Associates, PLLC, we are prepared to provide strong and well-reasoned advocacy for clients and to represent their best interests in Court.
Contact a dedicated Tacoma Family Law Attorney
To schedule an appointment with a Washington Family Law Attorney, call Bottimore & Associates, P.L.L.C. today at , or contact us online.